resin uses existing concrete patio surface base
Shall we elaborate on the resin uses existing concrete patio base statement? Please read carefully and note the key difference between the 2 types of resin to start with.
- Resin bound is permeable
- Resin bonded is impermeable
- Resin bound encapsulates the aggregate (sometime know as media or stone)
- Resin bonded has the aggregate applied to the resin it is not mixed together or agitated.
- Resin bonded does not affect the existing levels
- Resin bound will affect existing levels if applied to an existing surface whether it is concrete or tarmac
- Resin bonded is installed to an approximate 5 – 8mm in depth
- Resin bound is applied to an approximate depth of 15-20mm
So resin bonded stone is best used for the statement “Resin uses existing concrete patio surface base”
Please remember resin surfacing is only as good as the base below. Whether it is concrete or tarmac (not blockpaving) the existing surface you are using is key. If the resin uses existing concrete patio surface base, it must be structurally sound. Shelling of a surface is not necessarily a concern. It is neither an indicator of the strength or structure of the concrete base.
Resin bonded resurfacing is an attractive, durable and protective option without the mess and disruption involved with a brand new surface. We offer free no obligation quotes.
Resin Bonded Gravel and Resin Bonded Aggregate provides an alternative to the usual options for your driveway, path or patio. If it’s not broke don’t fix it.
We are based in Nottinghamshire but accessible to Yorkshire and Derbyshire areas. We have completed anti slip surfacing in Skegby, Aspley, Bilsthorpe, Clay cross, Cotgrave, Huthwaite, Mansfield Woodhouse, New Houghton, Northampton, Pentrich, Ravenshead, Sellers Wood, Shirebrook, Toton, Warsop, Worksop
To arrange for a free no obligation quote or just to have a chat 01623 623986 Simon or Faith.